Post by The Dark One on Aug 4, 2020 16:06:11 GMT
I found this video really informative and interesting, though it is a long one so here is the TL;DW:
- the Two Rivers is diverse because Manetheren was diverse
- Elaida states the Two Rivers people RARELY have skin as fair as Rand
- Rand says he sees lots of both very dark and very light skinned people in Caemlyn
- Plus Ishara, first queen of Andor was black so...
- Andor is VERY diverse with dark or sometimes blue eyes, dark or red hair, and pale hair is fairly rare
- Ghealdanin and Northern Altarans are indistinguishable from Andorans
- Amadicians have skin a little darker than Andorans. Blond/red hair is almost unknown as are light eyes
- Taraboners have darker skin than Amadicians, though not as dark as Tairens
- Tairen people are USUALLY dark skinned, as are the Seafolk
- Robert Jordan EXPLICITLY DID NOT create nations to parallel the real world so...
- Andor is NOT England
- Cairhein is NOT France etc.
So basically...feel free to give your characters some melanin
If you need any ideas or have any questions, this is a great resource on Tumblr: Writing With Color